Cozumel Bike Rental
The beautiful subtropical island of Cozumel, Mexico offers entertainment activities for everyone, including splendid scuba diving and snorkeling adventures, deep-sea fishing and multiple competitive events that attract athletes from all over the world, including dancing, fishing, triathlon and biking competitions.
People travel from far and wide to participate in the plethora of events that take place regularly in Cozumel. One of the most popular activities for tourists is exploring nearby ancient Mayan ruins, which can be done independently or via a guided tour. One of the best ways to see the beautiful island of Cozumel is to rent a bicycle or scooter for traveling around the island and experiencing firsthand the culture, the food and the locals who make the island so special.
Many competitors choose to rent their cycling gear (instead of bringing their own bicycles with), as well as other gear and equipment. Locals offer rentals of a variety of bicycles for daily use or competitive racing, as well as motorized scooters for independent excursions.
If you are traveling to Cozumel and plan to rent equipment to participate in a biking competition, you should make reservations to rent a bike as early as possible in advance. Sombrero Rentals’ rates vary for each competition and include the following:
- $100 for a one-day rental for the GFNY Cozumel biking competition;
- $200 for a two-day rental for the ITU 2017 Cozumel;
- $300 for a three-day rental for the Ironman 70.3 Cozumel;
- $400 for a four-day rental for the Ironman Cozumel;
- $100 for a one-day rental for the Triathlon Merida;
- $100 for a one-day rental for Mr. Sanchos Triathlon Cozumel;
- $300 for a three-day rental for the Campeche Ironman 70.3;
- $300 for a three-day rental for the Iron Monterrey 70.3;
- $20 per day to rent a bicycle for non-competitive purposes.
In addition to bike rentals, Sombrero also offers rental of racing wheels for many of their bikes, including the Reynolds Assault carbon race wheels. The charge for renting racing wheels is $50 per day or $100 for the entire time you rent a bike for a competitive event.
The following is a list of the bicycles currently offered for rental by Sombrero and the prices charged to rent bikes:
- Quintana Roo Carbon 2015, 2016;
- Quintana Roo Tri-bike;
- Quintana Roo Kilo All Carbon (sizes xs, small) for $80 for the first day and $60 for second and third days and $40 for an extra day;
- Lucero All Carbon (sizes small, medium and large) for $100 for 1 to 3 days and $50 for an extra day;
- CD01 All Carbon (sizes med/large, large) $120 for 1 to 3 days and $50 for an extra day;
- Ilicito All Carbon (sizes small, medium) $120 for 1 to 3 days and $50 for an extra day.
- Reynolds Model Assault Carbon wheel sets can be rented for $50 for 1 to 3 days; no additional rental charges for carbon wheels rented for more than 3 days.
Pedals and helmets can also be rented for $10 per day ($5 for extra days). Sombrero also lends Co2 cartridges, adapters, tire lever sets and tubes and you only pay for them if you need to use them for flat tires (Co2 $7 and tube $7).
Delivery and pick-up is available for $10 if you are staying downtown and $20 if your accommodations are further away in the south or north areas of Cozumel.
Insurance is available for $20 per day with a $200 deductible and covers any damage to the rented bicycle, but does not cover damages to another person’s bike. Renters are responsible for the bikes they use and failing to purchase insurance makes you completely liable for damages to a rented bike.
Sombrero also offers Honda Activa 100cc and Suzuki 125cc motorized scooters for rental by tourists and special prices apply for those arriving on the island via a cruise ship or from Playa del Carmen. Scooter rental prices are as follows:
- Package 1 – covers everything for $50 per day and includes scooter rental, liability insurance, gasoline, taxes;
- Package 2 – separate prices for everything (bike rental $35, liability insurance $5, collision and liability insurance $15, deductible $350; taxes $5).
- Package 3 – covers bike rental only for 4 or more days for $25.
These prices are for reservations only and walk-in rates are different. Sombrero will have your rental equipment ready and waiting for you, but if you need to cancel the reservation, it must be done at least 24 hours in advance or you forfeit deposited money.
In addition to the above rentals, Sombrero also offers rental of Hybrid mountain bikes and beach cruisers.
As you can see, Sombrero Rentals has everything you need to compete in cycling competitions in Cozumel, as well as daily rentals to help you see the island on your own time and at your own pace.
Click Here to make your reservations today!
Need a room Houfy No Fees